Schlumberger has an urgent opening for a Data Scientist role in the Digital Operations Data Science team, who will be responsible for guiding the successful delivery of Analytic Solutions to internal and external customers. The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and executing undirected research and tackling open-ended data problems related to AI, ML, predictive / analytical modeling, data mining, and research on large scale, complex data sets, using statistical, machine learning, graph modeling, text mining and other modern techniques. This individual is also responsible for collaborating with various teams and providing periodic updates through presentations and prototype demonstrations. The role will require working on multiple projects simultaneously. This position will also be involved in the formulation of key business requirements to be solved, rationalizing the various analytical approaches to solve those problems. Finally, this position is involved in helping to develop, analyze and draw conclusions, and presenting the results back to business users. Depending on the candidate’s qualification, this position can be either a Data Scientist or a Senior Data Scientist.
At Schlumberger, We’re looking for innovators who share our passion for discovery to help us shape the future of energy. Our greatest strength is the diversity of our people, and we recognize that differences in thought, creativity, and experiences make us better every day. Our culture is key to our success. We rely on our community of colleagues to challenge and support each other to achieve our ambitious goals. We are looking for people who are driven, committed and act with integrity to become part of one of the most multi-cultural groups of experts in any industry, anywhere. We are global in outlook and local in practice; united by a shared passion for discovery and commitment to constantly pushing boundaries. We hire talented, driven people and put them in the position to succeed as quickly as possible. Our meritocratic culture means you’ll be recognized for your achievements, and enjoy a rewarding career that offers continuous opportunities for personal growth. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, kindly forward your new cover letter and CV for Schlumberger have the career for you.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Researches and assesses next-generation technologies for data-driven solutions in production operations
- Designing and building Deep Learning architectures for computer vision and video analytics applications
- Generates innovative ideas, establishes new research directions, and shapes and executes on technical projects
- Applies theoretical knowledge to solve industrial problems
- Applies engineering knowledge in developing data-driven algorithms and prototypes for classification, regression, anomaly detection, failure prediction, and optimization
- Works with business and engineering teams to implement robust and scalable industrial software solutions
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge and contributes to technical discussions and reviews as an expert in related areas of responsibility
- Communicates ideas, plans, and results effectively via oral and written reports - Works effectively with peers, management, operations groups, and outside organizations
- Participate in technical forums and other appropriate events and conference
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, applied science, engineering or similar disciplines with demonstrated research capability with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing core machine learning algorithms and computer vision applications in professional research and development settings
- Familiarity and experience with latest advances in Deep Learning technology
- Strong background in some of these listed areas: machine learning, time series analysis / sensor processing, deep learning, optimization/operations research, text analytics/NLP, computer vision
- Demonstrated experience in building and applying machine learning / predictive modeling in real-world use cases
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
- PhD in the disciplines above with 2+ years of relevant multi-year industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of developing deep learning models using tools such as TensorFlow, Keras, Pytorch, etc.
- Understanding and past experience of Oil and Gas domain is a plus
- Experience working with, processing and managing large data sets (multi TB scale) is preferred
- Track records of past publications in relevant topics
- Immediate availability is an advantage
- Ability in designing distributed and parallelized algorithms
Other skills and abilities
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work both autonomously and in a team
- Strong ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications