The World Bank Multi-sectoral is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (M&E Manager) for an approximately $85-120 million World Bank regional projects. The M&E Manager will report directly to the Program Director and will work closely with the M&E Director and team. The M&E Manager will provide oversight to coordinate the monitoring of the program/project and ensure key activities are being implemented efficiently to measure the program’s outcomes (including qualitative and quantitative assessments) and ultimately achieve the intended results. S/he will lead the analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and for areas of improvement. S/he will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt. The M&E Manager will work in close partnership with World Bank project staff, partner organizations, and government (national and decentralized) for all M&E activities, strengthening capacity where needed. M&E is a cross sectoral career where you can work in health, education, law and governance, human rights, youth focused programing, agriculture, amongst other focus areas. For interested non-experienced applicants, On-the-job training is applicable for this role on special considerations.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries, a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, invest in groundbreaking projects, and use data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable corporate accommodations for individuals with disabilities as well as new employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. If you meet our profile and wish to join our unique diplomatic workforce, kindly forward your CV and cover letter immediately.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Lead the project’s overall M&E efforts, including the design and oversight of a strong M&E plan and Performance Management Plan (PMP).
- In coordination with stakeholders, draft/prepare M&E plans and associated M&E templates.
- Support in the collection and monitoring of all M&E activities under the project, including reviewing data collection tools, supervising and/or conducting reports from fieldwork, conducting data analysis, and carrying out interpretation of findings.
- Identify and train staff on appropriate relevant indicators in line with World Bank, international, and national M&E standards.
- Oversee the projects/program’s robust learning component, including providing technical assistance for any evaluations.
- Conduct routine data quality assurance processes to maintain adequate quality control in all aspects of M&E, from data collection to results reporting.
- Review partners progress reports, in collaboration with program managers, and provide feedback to the partners based on their performance.
- Ensure on-time, accurate, and quality reporting according to the cooperative agreement.
- Prepare semi-annual and annual reports and draft quarterly project reports in close collaboration with project staff.
- Build capacity of local stakeholders and project staff in relevant M&E topics, including data dissemination and use for program improvement.
- Build capacity at project sites and support them to effectively introduce and maintain the project M&E systems and processes.
- Participate in relevant M&E technical working groups and coordinating bodies; work with relevant ministries on project-linked M&E, as appropriate.
- Prepare or support routine reports, abstracts, presentations, brochures, project summary sheets, newsletters, etc.;
- Present at conferences or meetings when required.
- Minimum Master’s degree in statistics, economics, demography, development planning, public health, business, law, engineering, agriculture, social sciences, finance, education or similar field.
- At least five years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in public, corporate or any major social sector program.
- In-depth knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques and methodologies, including conducting operational research, household surveys, and qualitative evaluations, as well as data analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Significant experience in providing field-based technical assistance about M&E and learning in low resource countries preferred.
- Knowledge of M&E approaches and indicators for one or more project areas.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems (including databases) that track performance as per the objectives of the project.
- Excellent interpersonal, consensus building and negotiating skills essential.
- Analysis and data management skills, as well as demonstrated analytical skills, and experience in identifying and evaluating best practices and state-of-the-art approaches to be utilized by the project.
- Mastery of statistical databases, analysis tools, and statistical software (Stata, SPSS, etc.) required, as well as strong skills in Excel, Word, Access, and Power Point.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work on a team.
- Experience developing and delivering high-quality, on-time donor reports in accordance with cooperative agreement regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.