Santos is an Australian energy pioneer. We have safely and sustainably discovered, developed and delivered natural gas to the people of Australia and Asia for more than 65 years.
With origins in the Cooper Basin, Santos has one of the largest exploration and production acreages in Australia and extensive infrastructure. Our strategy is centred on five core, long-life natural gas and LNG assets. These assets support our aim to be a leading Australian domestic gas supplier and a major LNG exporter supplying clean energy to Asia. As an Australian owned and operated business, we work in partnership with local communities, governments and our business partners to make natural gas an affordable and reliable energy solution for all Australians.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Field Support Officer to join the Onshore Drilling and Completions Team in Roma. The main purpose of this position is to optimise productivity within the team by implementing efficient and effective support to all Drilling and Completions field staff. The scope of this service extends to administrative and technical support across Eastern QLD and NSW operations. Local candidates are encouraged to apply. This role will work a 2 on 2 off field-based roster with a point of hire of Roma.
Accountabilities are delivered in line with the Santos company values and Santos Management System (SMS). Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Understand and advise of Santos’s policies and procedures as they relate to business administration in order to give appropriate instruction and support to team members.
- Aid communication between Brisbane and field staff by ensuring enquiries or requests are clearly understood, documented, referred to and actioned by appropriate people in a timely manner.
- Prepare drafts of documents, ensuring standard formats are followed and relevant details are accurate and complete.
- Source documents and information required from internal and/or external sources in a timely way.
- Prepare and distribute updated documents for operations (for example company policies and EHS documents)
- Maintain and update filing systems to ensure information is well organised and readily accessible, with appropriate security and version control.
- Prepare and ensure company obligation on EHS requirements are properly stored and maintained.
- Process all rig archives including Well Files.
- Submit and monitor site permit requests for CSG Drilling & Completions rigs including liaising with Brisbane based office engineers on schedule changes and Field Landholder Advisers on permit request approvals.
- Provide support to all field staff in making accommodation arrangements.
- Provide support to external contractors in coordinating field visits.
- Provide transport arrangements for incoming and outgoing field personnel and visitors.
- Assist in the coordination of routine service, repairs & wash-downs of department vehicles.
- Help maintain accurate records of all department vehicles.
- Ensure Santos policies and procedures are fully implemented to raise requisitions.
- Ensure external contractor field related invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Raise purchase orders and receipt goods using the SAP financial system.
- HSC or equivalent with a Certificate in Business Administration (or similar) preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft business applications (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Open drivers’ licence and experience driving 4WDs
- Experience in SAP System preferred
- A high level of attention to detail is critical
- Proactive attitude with a strong work ethic
- The ability to multi-task and think on your feet within a fast-paced environment
- Previous drilling and/or completion experience combining both office and field work
Please apply online by COB 21 March 2021.