We are seeking to recruit on behalf of our client a MARINE PILOT to work in our client’s Port Department. The selected candidate will be based in Qatar on a long-term residential contract on married or single status.
- Provide marine pilotage to all types of vessels calling at client Operated Ports
- Marine pilotage includes approaches channels navigation, harbour movements and offshore Single Point Mooring (SPM)
- A minimum of 10 years Sea going experience as officer of the watch
- At least 5 years’ experience on large size vessel (VLCC, Capsize) in capacity as Chief Officer or Master or 5 years Sea going experience on large size vessel (VLCC, Capsize) as Chief Officer or Master and 5 years as Pilot on all types of vessel.
- Detail knowledge of International, State and Local regulations pertaining to Port operations, logistics, and fully familiar with International Maritime Conventions such as SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, etc
- Detail knowledge of the management of large-scale port cargo operations including port rules, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to operations and activities
- Extensive knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of work in a port operations area
- Good organizational planning skills and able to plan, execute and complete targets without supervision
- Ability to communicate and work with people at all levels of the client’s organisation, both internally and externally
- Innovative thinker and self-starter with proven leadership
- Ability to express ideas and information, clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing in English language, requires English level L5.
- Ability to work within a focused team of maritime and port professionals
- Performance orientated and able to work to the delivery of agreed targets
- Strong analytical and administration skills
- Ability to work under stress Education Master Mariner (FG) class I