INPEX is currently looking for a Senior Management Accountant to be based in the Perth office as a member of the Finance team providing management accounting services to the INPEX Australia group assets, which includes both operated and non-operated Joint Ventures.
Reporting to and supporting the Lead Management Accountant in respect of performance management, strategic development for Departments which this role is accountable for, implementing policy development, and execution of Finance operations.
This position is offered as a 3 year Max Term Employment contract.
Key functions of the role include:
- Implementing INPEX accounting policies and principles (compliance) within the business;
- Establishing internal relationships to improve understanding of the business;
- Effectively managing the delivery of business as usual activities using an offshore support team, including: reporting, budgets and forecasts, accruals, coding support and other relevant information to enable decision-makers to discharge their responsibilities.
- Support the implementation of quality systems that support adaptability and continual improvement across both the offshore and Perth Management Accounting teams.
- Participating in business strategies by providing support to key initiatives (e.g. tender processes, evaluation of business cases);
- Working to align services and processes with other internal service providers, leading to improving service levels and developing greater process integration and integrity;
- Mentoring or coaching Finance personnel (both offshore and onshore teams) as required;
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Tertiary Degree in Accounting is essential along with CA/CPA/CIMA (or similar international recognition).
- Extensive post-graduate experience in a similar role is essential to include strong SAP experience along with demonstrated knowledge of FI, CO, PS modules and a good understanding of MM, BW and other modules.
- Experience as a Costing/Management Accountant in diverse working environments including E&P operations, projects, exploration, and manufacturing/production is preferred for this role.
- Some experience of working closely with Financial or Joint Venture Accounting teams would be beneficial.
- Good working knowledge of Australian tax regime.
- Experience working with offshore enabled management accounting teams in a global environment
- Previous experience in service, mining or energy companies would be looked upon favourably.
Proven track record with:
- Performance measurement techniques, business analysis;
- Working independently on assigned activities and coordinating work across offshore enabled teams.