We're expanding our team and looking for people who are:
- Team Players
- Customer Advocates
- Relationally Poised
- Outgoing and Well Versed Communicators
- Multi-task Oriented
- Likes to Work Under Deadlines
- Thorough and Organized
If this sounds like you, please copy and paste this link into a separate browser to complete a quick survey. https://www.cindexinc.com/c/899EE9 and return to complete the online application.
With more than 71 years of experience in the industry, Pilot Thomas Logistics is the premier provider of fuel, lubricants and chemicals to the Energy, Marine, Mining and Industrial markets. The corporate headquarters are located in Fort Worth, Texas and there are more than 1,700 team members located throughout North America allowing us to provide high quality products and outstanding services to our valued customers.
Leads the new business creation process for either a designated account to break or expand into a geographic region or an industry. Working with the Account Managers, the Business Management Director will develop and manage a sales process and pipeline to introduce Pilot Thomas Logistics (PTL) portfolio of products and services to new business prospects. This position is a significant driver of new profitable business growth for PTL.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Initiate and grow new relationships for PTL
- Leverage relationships to make new sales proposals for incremental growth in product and services
- Work with local Account Managers to develop account strategies and ensure successful delivery of new business
- Create unique value for prospective customers by seeking to understand their business problems, issues and opportunities in new or different ways
- Optimize the team within the geographic area to ensure complete customer satisfaction from presales through post sales
- Focus on prospects where PTL's strength in our distribution network can differentiate us from our competition and deliver value and profitable growth
- Provide managerial leadership and directs the selection, supervision and evaluation of staff
- Conducts performance appraisals for direct reports. Initiates salary actions and disciplinary actions as warranted
- Provides training and motivation to make use of individual capabilities
- Special projects as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 5-7 years' demonstrated success in a consultative/solution based selling within a relevant industry (i.e. petroleum/lubricant or chemical distribution)
- Experience selling at the senior management levels with a proven track record of routinely closing deals that are mutually beneficial to the customer and the company
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and writing communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Marketing or a combination of education and/or experience in lieu of degree preferred
- This position requires working in an office setting, with long periods of time sitting
- Must be able to stand, bend, push and pull at least up to 10 lbs.
Pilot Thomas Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer