Location: Perth, AU
Company: Woodside Energy Ltd
As we build on our position as Australia’s leading oil and gas company, we rely on a diverse group of people who all bring their unique skills and talent. We’re committed to providing the opportunities for our employees to reach their potential. We call it ‘Developing your Woodside’. After all, only by helping you achieve your potential will we be able to fulfill ours.
Inspire your Woodside at woodside.com.au/careers
About the Role:
Working in our Group Financial Control team, the purpose of this position is to ensure the complete provision of cost management, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, cash calls and joint venture accounting activities for our Senegal assets.
The Finance function is currently in a transformative period and this position drives value in the business by providing deep insights on performance allowing key stakeholders to make efficient strategic decisions.
This is a permanent role based in our Head office in Perth, Western Australia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Joint venture and general management accounting for activities across our Senegal assets
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholder groups
- Focusing efforts to improve the delivery of services and processes that meet customer requirements
- Performing analysis to determine expenditure trends
- Preparation of budgets and both long and short-term forecasts
- Assist in the reconciliation of resources between service and expenditure
- Provision and analysis of quality service asset reporting
- Calculation and recognition of month end accruals
- Deliver monthly internal and external reports
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a management accounting position in oil and gas
- CPA, CA or other professional certification
- Experience working on joint ventures and on PSC agreements
- ERP systems experience with SAP knowledge/experience preferred
- Effective communication skills with the ability to speak French being highly regarded
- Strong financial and analytical skills including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Improvement mindset to continuously optimise processes
In addition to the above you will have an inquisitive nature and a high attention to detail.
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer:
- Flexible work arrangements, including part time and job share opportunities
- Career development through professional development programs and by working alongside industry leaders
- Possibility of educational assistance to support your career development
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class projects
- A values driven environment where working together is key
- The opportunity to participate in voluntary initiatives in the community
- Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus and share plans for permanent employees
- Above industry superannuation contributions
- Industry leading 16-weeks paid parental leave
- Flexibility of leave provisions for events such as community service, cultural and volunteer activities (one day per annum)
- Subsidised gym membership in some locations
Woodside aspires to be an industry leader in diversity.
Applications close at 11:59pm AWST on Sunday 24 February 2019