Project Engineer / Senior Project Engineer - Expression of Interest
Location: Perth, AU
Company: Woodside Energy Ltd
As we build on our position as Australia’s leading oil and gas company, we rely on a diverse group of people who all bring their unique skills and talent. We’re committed to providing the opportunities for our employees to reach their potential. We call it ‘Developing your Woodside’. After all, only by helping you achieve your potential will we be able to fulfill ours.
Inspire your Woodside at woodside.com.au/careers
About the Role:
Woodside is currently seeking expressions of interest for individuals to join our Projects Function as a Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer. These roles are involved in delivering a multi-billion dollar portfolio of projects across a wide range of opportunities including refurbishment of existing assets through our Brownfields organisation, bespoke modifications through our Integrated Projects program and Greenfield development through a number of growth projects.
Available opportunities may include supporting roles within a project through to leading your own package, project or portfolio of small projects. You may be expected to work through various project phases including Concept Definition, FEED, Execute and Closeout. Key interfaces across multiple functions and stakeholder groups is paramount.
Potential opportunities would be based in our Perth Headquarters, with some travel within Australia to our onshore/offshore assets, along with limited international travel dependent on project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities will vary across roles but may include:
- Facilitate development of Basis of Design
- Lead or input into development of; and support or manage execution of Scopes of Work
- Input or lead development to other key project documents e.g. Project Execution Plans, Contract Strategies, Business cases etc.
- Facilitate interfaces across organisation functions and/or contractors
- Build contractor relationships across various contract types providing support and direction to ensure efficient project execution
- Provide input into development of project costs and schedules
- Able to interpret project costs and schedule, providing challenge and options to issues identified
- Support or lead opportunities through the decision gate process
- Input or lead development of project risks including regular reporting
- Input or lead development of project daily, weekly and/or monthly reporting
- Management of action tracking systems
- Input and/or facilitate project meetings including progress, Constructability, HAZID etc.
- Management of project issues and opportunity registers
Skills & Experience:
Preference for an Oil & Gas background along with recognised Project Management certification and experience of gated decision process for projects.
- Support use of multidiscipline resources and ability to develop cross functional working relationships
- Ability to collate and develop balanced inputs across multidiscipline senior specialists and technical experts to support key project decisions
- Able to work with uncertainty but capable of inputting into risk based decisions
- Stakeholder management required to align functions and ensure key stakeholder input into development solutions
- Able to facilitate project risk management
- Understanding of Business & commercial requirements
Senior Project Engineer
- Management of multidiscipline resources and ability to develop cross functional working relationships
- Ability to apply informed project management judgement for key decision making across multidiscipline, balancing input from senior specialists and technical experts
- Business, commercial, strategic acumen
- Able to work with uncertainty but capable of taking decisions based on identified risks
- Ability to influence and earn credibility across all levels of the organisation through written and verbal communication
- Stakeholder management ability required to align functions and ensure key stakeholder input into development solutions
- Ability to identify and manage project risk
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer:
- Flexible work arrangements, including part time and job share opportunities
- Career development through professional development programs and by working alongside industry leaders
- Possibility of educational assistance to support your career development
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class projects
- A values driven environment where working together is key
- The opportunity to participate in voluntary initiatives in the community
- Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus and share plans for permanent employees
- Above industry superannuation contributions
- Industry leading 16-weeks paid parental leave
- Flexibility of leave provisions for events such as community service, cultural and volunteer activities (one day per annum)
- Subsidised gym membership in some locations
Woodside aspires to be an industry leader in diversity.
Expression of Interest applications close at 11:59pm AWST on Thursday, 28 February 2019.