Energy Markets Adviser
Location: Perth, AU
Company: Woodside Energy Ltd
As we build on our position as Australia’s leading oil and gas company, we rely on a diverse group of people who all bring their unique skills and talent. We’re committed to providing the opportunities for our employees to reach their potential. We call it ‘Developing your Woodside’. After all, only by helping you achieve your potential will we be able to fulfill ours.
Inspire your Woodside at woodside.com.au/careers
About the Role:
The Energy Markets Adviser will engage with stakeholders internal and external to Woodside to research, analyse and deliver strategic intelligence advice to the Chief Economist and Executive team.
The role offers either permanent or 24 months fixed term contract.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Chief Economist to generate strategic insight on competitive dynamics and major trends in global energy and resource markets.
- Support the corporate Competitive Analysis capability, including the generation of strategic insight on competitive dynamics and major trends in global energy, the corporate network of contributors, and the supporting systems, processes and contracts.
- Identify and elevate market and competitive developments that warrant Executive deliberation and offer new competitive perspectives for such issues.
- Lead the ongoing work on long-term energy outlooks, including development of Woodside’s internal energy outlooks. Document, compare, analyse and critique other energy outlooks to Woodside’s. Identify geopolitical, economic, energy and technological signposts to future trajectories and monitor as early warning.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence required
- Qualification/certification in competitive intelligence preferred
- Knowledge of the oil and gas / energy market & industry preferred
- Strong communication skills, including excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work autonomously to deliver strategic outcomes
- Proven ability to build and foster positive relationships and networks
- Excellent presentation skills
Recognition & Reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer:
- Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class projects
- Career development through professional development programs and by working alongside industry leaders
- Possibility of educational assistance to support your career development
- A values driven environment where working together is key
- The opportunity to participate in voluntary initiatives in the community
- Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus and share plans for permanent employees
- Above industry superannuation contributions
- Industry leading 16-weeks paid parental leave
- Flexibility of leave provisions for events such as community service, cultural and volunteer activities (one day per annum)
- Subsidised gym membership in some locations
Woodside aspires to be an industry leader in diversity.
Applications close at 11:59pm AWST on Sunday, 3rd March 2019.