Help Neptune Energy, the fastest growing ‘established startup’ in oil and gas, on their journey towards going public, in a three-to-five-year time frame and beyond.
Not only will you join the team in a newly created global Corporate Affairs and Communications function, but you will also have exposure to an organisation on the journey towards IPO (Initial Public Offering). Under the leadership of Sam Laidlaw, former Chief Executive of Centrica, with support from one of the most experienced and admired energy teams amassed to date, you will help create one of the most innovative and ambitious international independent exploration and production companies ever created. The organisation is effectively an established startup and with this brings corporate affairs and communications challenges on a global and geographically diverse scale, combined with the issues faced as a new entrant in the energy market. Working with the Group Director of Corporate Affairs, Julian Regan-Mears, this role offers an unparalleled opportunity to combine your insights, experience and energy with a dynamic and rapidly growing business.
- Provide the leadership, direction and delivery for Neptune Energy, at both Group and Operations level, on all sustainability strategy and align to the overall ambitions of Neptune to act as a PLC until they actually go public.
- Provide the crucial link between helping to understand and define the social, environmental and economic opportunities and challenges, into practical action.
- Lead the delivery of Neptune Energy sustainability management system, including reporting, compliance and communications.
- Support the Corporate Affairs and Health Safety Executive team on all sustainability risks and management actions.
- As well as ‘understanding the science’ and being technically competent to deal with the compliance end of sustainability, they also need to have a strategic capability and track record to translate threats, such as environmental regulation through to labour standards through to climate change, into commercial opportunities