Finance & Business Services
Reporting to Title:
Business Planning and Perfomance Manager
About the Organisation
Senex is an Australian oil and gas company with a 30-year history. We explore and produce from a diverse portfolio across the Cooper Basin and Surat Basin, two of the country’s most prolific onshore energy regions. Senex operates existing oil producing assets and we are growing our gas asset portfolio, contributing to future energy security for Australia's east coast. We are headquartered in Brisbane and an ASX 300 company.
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join Senex on a permanent basis to support the Business Planning and Performance Manager with the coordination and development of business plan and budget forecasts, as well as assisting with management reporting against the business plans and budget.
As a key member of the Finance team, the Financial Analyst will also be responsible for the maintenance of Senex’s corporate economic models, including a suite of asset and business plan economic models and macro-economic inputs.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
Economic and business analysis
- Continuous improvement and maintenance of the Senex Corporate Model for finance decisions, capital allocation, impairment, managing debt covenants, asset valuation, and enterprise value;
- Maintain the macro economic assumptions used in the economic models including oil price forecasts, gas price forecasts, foreign exchange, interest rates, discount rates and inflation;
- Build and maintain a suite of internal and external benchmark cost and performance data relevant to Senex’s operations in support of economic modelling and forecasting/ budgeting;
- Provision of economic analysis support for business cases and options assessment;
- Maintain a best practice standard for economic models used in Senex for investment and financial decisions.
Forecasting, budgeting and management reporting
- Coordinate the Senex Corporate Budget and Business Plan processes;
- Provide support and analysis for management reporting;
- Report against Senex’s Corporate Performance Measures and Business Plan Deliverables;
- Track and report progress against the Senex Corporate Budget and Business Plan;
- Ensure compliance with the letter, spirit, and intent of the ASX listing rules, continuous disclosure guidelines and the best principles of Corporate Governance;
- Contribute to the implementation of Senex’s ERP and finance systems renewal project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a financial or technical stream;
- High level of skill and experience with economic modelling
- Understanding of corporate budgets and reforecasting
- Experience with actual vs plan reporting and analysis for senior management, that provides insights and guidance
- Keep it simple philosophy on using spreadsheets – not overuse of automation etc
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills sufficient to work well with asset teams on getting model and budget inputs, coordinate and manage budget timetable,
- High level of influencing skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders across the business to deliver improved processes
- Experience with oil and gas industry or resources sector preferred
All applications should include a cover letter which addresses your suitability for the position, along with a current resume.
- To apply click the "Apply" button located on this page.
- Applications close at 11.30pm on Sunday 2 December 2018.
At Senex our people have the opportunity to learn and grow, along with a range of great employee benefits. To find out more about our company and discover some of the other reasons why you should apply for this role, visit our corporate website at: www.senexenergy.com.au