Health & Safety Systems Coordinator / Graduate
Health & Safety
Reporting to Title:
Senior Health and Safety Manager
About the Organisation
Senex is an Australian oil and gas company with a 30-year history. We explore and produce from a diverse portfolio across the Cooper Basin and Surat Basin, two of the country’s most prolific onshore energy regions. Senex operates existing oil producing assets and we are growing our gas asset portfolio, contributing to future energy security for Australia's east coast. We are headquartered in Brisbane and an ASX 300 company.
About the Role
This exciting role reporting to the Senior Health and Safety Manager will see you coordinating all aspects of Health and Safety performance including data collection, analysis and reporting as well as the ongoing management of the Senex Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSEMS). This includes supporting the Health and Safety team in maintaining regulatory compliance by coordinating audit and inspections processes (in both the office and the field), coordinating all Health and Safety related training and monitoring compliance as well as playing a key role in maintaining and supporting the Senex Emergency Response and Crisis Management processes including assisting with emergency drills.
In addition, you will also be the custodian of the company's Document Control system and processes, to ensure a consistent approach to document management as well as undertaking quality control checks to ensure that functionality and the document library are maintained. This also extends to inducting all relevant personnel with regards to the document control processes including assisting project teams to utilise the system to best support project outcomes.
In addition to the above the key responsibilities of the position include:
- Managing the assignment, tracking and reporting of health and safety related training and competencies for employees – this includes administration of inductions within the Senex Learning Management System (as well as monitoring inductions for third-party contractors).
- Identify and manage the relationship with external HSE training providers.
- Act as the key administrator and systems subject matter expert for the Senex incident and audit management system including analyzing and reporting on system performance as well as all incident / injury statistics for all company operated and contracted work.
- Maintain the currency of Crisis and Emergency Response materials, ensuring rooms are equipped at all times including assisting with emergency drills and administering the Duty Manager process.
- Support the coordination and management of the Cooper Basin Medivac services.
- Responsible for oversight of office safety systems.
- Provide administrative support (including payment of invoices) to the Health & Safety and Environment teams
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in OH&S (or equivalent), or alternatively, at least 5 yearsf industry experience in a relevant systems coordinator / data analyst role (preferably within the oil & gas, mining or manufacturing sectors)
- Advanced data entry skills and a high level of attention to detail;
- Strong MS Excel and MS Office skills are essential. Experience with SharePoint is considered an advantage;
- Understanding of and experience in application of ISO 9001 quality management principles;
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation as well as with external parties including contractors and joint venture parties;
- Solid financial administration experience including generating purchase orders and processing invoices;
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work under strict deadlines and prioritise work effectively;
- Experience in processing documents using electronic document management system;
- Experience in Oil & Gas Industry with knowledge of HSE, Drilling, Completions, Projects and/or Production Operations will be looked upon favourably;
- Previous experience with implementing and maintaining an HSE Management System and associated training matrix will be highly regarded.
- All applications should include a cover letter which addresses your suitability for the position, along with a current resume.
- To apply click the "Apply" button located on this page.
- Applications close at 11.30pm on Wednesday 28 November 2018.
At Senex our people have the opportunity to learn and grow, along with a range of great employee benefits. To find out more about our company and discover some of the other reasons why you should apply for this role, visit our corporate website at: www.senexenergy.com.au